Friday, February 1, 2008

Where to begin....

Like i said in the previous post, I'm going through a computer upgrade at home. This P.O.S laptop is on its last leg and its a much need upgrade.

So on to the poker.

Last weekend I went on a run of Turbo full ring SnGs on Saturday. 3 of 5, and all three were first places. The BR went from $18 up to $60 or so. I'm going to stick w/ full ring games instead of the 6-max, as I'm able to see more hands per orbit. You can search for me on Sharkscope

I also started playing cash games (at work) towards the end of the day, as business is very, very slow.

I do have one HH that needs to be discuss...
I want to put in a re-raise, but I have been flat calling a lot of raises, because the play is terrible post flop. I wasnt really expecting the 3 calls behind either but oh well.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5069360081: Table Ducharme - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:45:37 ET - 2008/01/31
Seat 1: JJplain101 ($10)
Seat 2: Axlpac ($19.70)
Seat 3: sixgunsara ($5.65)
Seat 4: BKazaam ($20.30)
Seat 5: lollicupwhattt ($24.80)
Seat 6: krazyjimi ($25)
Seat 7: corron10 ($15.55)
Seat 8: nentman ($29.60)
Seat 9: E Slosh ($11.90)
BKazaam posts the small blind of $0.10
lollicupwhattt posts the big blind of $0.25
5 seconds left to act
JJplain101 posts $0.25
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to corron10 [Qs Qh]
krazyjimi raises to $0.75
corron10 calls $0.75
nentman calls $0.75
E Slosh calls $0.75
JJplain101 folds
Axlpac folds
sixgunsara folds
BKazaam calls $0.65
lollicupwhattt folds
*** FLOP *** [6d 3c 5d]
BKazaam checks
krazyjimi bets $0.75
corron10 has 15 seconds left to act
corron10 folds
nentman calls $0.75
E Slosh raises to $1.50
BKazaam folds
krazyjimi folds
nentman calls $0.75
*** TURN *** [6d 3c 5d] [3h]
nentman checks
E Slosh checks
*** RIVER *** [6d 3c 5d 3h] [7h]
nentman has 15 seconds left to act
nentman bets $3
E Slosh calls $3
*** SHOW DOWN ***
nentman shows [4h 4c] a straight, Seven high
E Slosh mucks
nentman wins the pot ($13.30) with a straight, Seven high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $14 Rake $0.70
Board: [6d 3c 5d 3h 7h]
Seat 1: JJplain101 folded before the Flop
Seat 2: Axlpac didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: sixgunsara (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: BKazaam (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: lollicupwhattt (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: krazyjimi folded on the Flop
Seat 7: corron10 folded on the Flop
Seat 8: nentman showed [4h 4c] and won ($13.30) with a straight, Seven high
Seat 9: E Slosh mucked [Ac Jh] - a pair of Threes


So with the cash games I have been winning little by little and slowy increasing the roll.

Monday I almost convince myself to play the MATH, buy its 6-max, and my game is not complete for that type of stragety yet. I do have a couple of tokens that need to use, most likely FTOPS or one of the guarantees.


Tuesday, I did play in the Skillz Series PLHE. Love Pot-Limit! Why you ask??? NO ANTES!
Going deep in PL tourneys you dont have to the worry of being blinded and anted to death, and push w/ some crappy hand. You wait for your premium hands and pounce on the weak.

I did place 10th and missed the mula!

I be back later w/ a post on the cum-licking slit the Mookie and the fine lack of play in the Riverchasers game.

3 comments:

Riggstad said...

Why in the world would you fold QQ on that flop? Why no reraise to like $4-$6?

You can't play these cash games with hands like that folding to stop losses per hand. You must take advantage of every edge. You will lose hands with suckouts but you also lose super value by not playing them.

This is only one hand so maybe you had a feeling, but to not risk a raise there is -EV in a ring game...

What were your thoughts?

corron10 said...

My thoughts were lets not lose a big pot. I wasnt expecting the three other calls as well. I lost all edge pre-flop not reraising. So with that I decided to not get involved.

Its easy for someone to have flop a set with that many calls.

I took a while before making my decision.

I was at work and wasnt paying complete attention. Plus I was already up a buy-in at another table. Trying to build the roll.

Something wasnt right, I go w/ my read.

pokerDegen said...

1. Why no re-raise preflop?
2. HOW in the world do you fold on that flop? Did you call the raise preflop only for set-mining possibilities?!!

Yes, you turned out to be right, but don't become too results oriented. 9/10 times folding QQ on that flop will be -EV.